Social media has become ingrained in our daily routines.
In today's environment, no one can exist without exposure to various social networking tools. These tools have revolutionised the way we connect with one another, both in close proximity, as well as across oceans. From keeping in touch with the goings-on of loved ones through daily updates, video calls, or connect with a stranger at the touch of a button, we owe a lot to social media.
On the other side, social media can be beneficial to those who want to establish or build their enterprises while also earning a decent living from home. Social networking enables entrepreneurs and businesses alike to connect with, cultivate, and engage their target audience.
One of the most popular social media networks is Instagram. Here are a few Instagram tips to help you get the most out of your account:
Instagram Profile Pictures
Follow these steps to get a full-size Instagram profile photo.
- Enter the account login of the person whose profile photo you want to see in full size at instadp.com.
- Once you've discovered and loaded the profile you're looking for, simply click Full Size and scroll down.
- After that, you can either make a meme out of it or do anything you want with it. That is what it's there for.
Commenting on Posts can be Disabled
Yes, you may make any of your Instagram posts comment-free. Follow these instructions to learn how to accomplish this:
- Tap the three-dots icon in the top-right corner of any of your Instagram posts and select Turn Off Commenting.
- On the last page where you add description and location, hit Advanced Settings to turn off commenting even before you've posted a post. Turn off commenting on the following page.
- Choose your post, press the three-dots button in the top right, and then hit Turn on Commenting to enable commenting.
Restrict Instead of Block
You can simply restrict someone on Instagram if they're bothering you, and you don't want to block them outright. Follow these steps to do so:
- Go to the user profile of the person you wish to block on Instagram.
- After that, go to Following > Restrict > Restrict Account.
- Now, if this individual interacts with your postings in the future, for example, by commenting on a photo, their comment will be visible just to them. Their chat will be moved to your message requests, and you'll also be able to choose whether or not you wish to read or ignore their comments.
The best part? The restricted person will be completely unaware that you have placed restrictions on them.
Hide Your Read Receipts and Online Status
You've probably noticed a green-dot icon right next to the profile icon while replying to DMs. This icon is an indicator of when a user is online. However, Instagram has a tool that allows you to hide your online status. Follow the steps below to operate under the radar:
- Go to the Settings section of Instagram. Turn off Show Activity Status by going to Privacy > Activity Status.
- No one will be able to tell if you're online on Instagram this way. On the flip side, you won't be able to check your friends' activity status.
Limit Posts or Stories from Specific Accounts
You may customise your Instagram settings so that you only see content from people you care about and mute accounts that you follow but don't want to view content from.
Here's how to go about it:
- Locate the account you want to silence
- Press the Following button
- Hit on the mute button
- You may now choose whether to silence posts or posts and Stories
If you're scrolling through your Instagram feed and come across an account you've had enough of, you can mute it by completing the following:
- Tap the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the post of the person you wish to mute
- Tap Mute
- Now you can choose if you want to mute posts, or mute posts and Stories
Weryz understands the power of social media and how to leverage it for your benefit. Check our website and contact our team today for more information!